Monday, January 2, 2012

Project 366

I really dropped the ball when it came to taking pictures of my kids this year, especially towards the end of the year.  Well, no, I guess I took them, but hardly any came out well.  Most of them were grainy, red-eyed, unfocused and fuzzy.  And since I have no idea what I'm doing, I don't know how to even begin to fix it.

Except for one idea.

I am dreaming of owning a fancy-dancy camera (the big lens variety, heavy, with the strap that goes around my neck).  I imagine that it's probably a Nikon, though I really haven't got a clue about quality brands when it comes to cameras.  I think I remember hearing that Nikon is the best.  Ah!  But I won't be in the dark for long, because once I have that camera, I am going to sign up for the next available photography class and learn all I can on the subject.  I've also heard that a good photoshop program is the magic key to good pictures.

Before all that happens though, I need to record the stuff that's going on right now.  I mean, these kids of mine have grown at least a foot in the last six months (at least, it seems that they have!) so I have to be content and use what I have. I'm glad I have a camera at all.  I went without one for most of Emma's first year, only borrowing my mom's on occasion to grab what moments I could.

It is with all that in mind that I begin Project 366.

What is Project 366?

I'm glad you asked!

Project 366, for my intents and purposes, will be a picture of my everyday life posted here. That's everyday for one year.  This year is a leap year, which accounts for my proposed 366th day.  Even if it's a grainy, fuzzy, red-eyed, out-of-focus picture - if it's all I have for the day, I'm posting it.

And so now, I make my first contribution to Project 366:


Liam, 3, is still awake at 11:10 pm as I write this.  It's not that I haven't tried to get him to sleep.  He had an oddly-timed nap today that sort of threw off his whole schedule.  He's my routine baby.  Mess with his schedule and you'll be picking up the pieces for days.

4 comments:

  1. picking up the pieces for days? I love you. That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your plan and can't wait to see the results.
    By the way, I use a Canon Rebel xTi (it's 'old' now), and it's pretty close to impossible to take a bad picture with it - no photoshop program necessary. If you're just doing little around the house type stuff, the kit lens will be more than sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a great idea my friend! I'm a bit of a photog and you DO NOT need to pay lots of money for a fancy camera! Canon is great and Kodak Z series is great...that's what I have. There are lots of free programs you can download to do basic photo fixes that aren't complicated like photoshop....let me know if you want more info or want to check out my pics and I'll send you the info. I love watching you and your family through FB and now here! xo from afar, M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to read your blog for the next 366 days!!!! Can't wait to see all the pictures of the kids! I will try to post pictures for you too! Love you!!! By the way, Liam is getting so big!!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete