Monday, January 16, 2012

P366 #15 - Injured

Poor Emma. Wounded foot. She needs to stay off of it so the gash can heal, and she's living it up on the couch, getting food delivered, watching veggietales like it's going out of style.

She heard me talk about having seen a "chick flick" the other night, and she told me while resting on the couch that she wanted to watch a "chicken-pot" movie like I had, preferably, Dolphin Tale (does that count as a chick flick? I didn't care to argue it with her right then).

I had to stifle a good laugh, but told her I would go rent it tomorrow night.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad your a blogger... it gives me something to do when I want to look at FB and cant. Miss your witty statuses. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you come and read it! My latest status, just so you can have a "fix," was "Amy Lovejoy is cheating on Facebook with Pinterest." Are you on Pinterest?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Holly, blogger has changed up their commenting format and I didn't see the "reply" button until it was too late. comment reply in the comment below.

      Delete
  3. Freak accident with a broken lightbulb in a trash bag. The wound itself is right below her ankle and is about an inch long. I was on the fence about whether ir not to take her in for stitches. Billy didn't think it was necessary. It's being held together with steri-strips, gauze and neosporin. I'm going to take a good look at it before we begin school today, and put in a call to her doctor for advice if I don't like what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and? what happened? too late for stiches, though - there's a time limit of like 12 hours after the incident... she's okay, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's fine. It looks great! The steri-strips are holding it together beautifully. It looks a little swollen but there is no redness or ooze, so I'm going to credit my husband's cool first aid skills and call it good. According to Emma, her ankle is very sore. She has a pitiful limp that seems to go away when her focus is elsewhere. ;) Drama. :)

      Delete